As published by Expansion last Monday, November 13, the President of Airbus Operations in Spain, Manuel Huertas, participated in a conference organized by the Tedae association, in which he highlighted the good prospects that are presented for the Spanish aeronautical industry and the challenges that will arise in the future.
Global traffic increases at a rate close to 5% per year, which doubles every 15 years. In the coming years, close to 40,000 new aircrafts will be needed, of which 43% will correspond to the renewal of aircrafts and the remaining 57% to the growth of the companies. The fleets are renewed, moreover, faster and faster. According to Expansion, Huertas said that "in a globalized economy, any product is capable of being manufactured anywhere in the world" and claim to the auxiliary companies -including ITP, Aciturri, Alestis, Carbures or Aernnova- advances in the reduction of costs, improvement of quality and the incorporation of new products. [...]